Webinar: An introduction to data on Information and Communication Technologies
In collaboration with The UK Data Service, Understanding Society hosted an hour-long webinar on the topic of information and communication technologies (ICT).
The webinar took place on 3rd February between 2-3pm.
This webinar involved Margherita Ceraolo from the UK Data Service at the University of Manchester and Dr Cara Booker, Research Fellow at ISER, at the University of Essex.
The webinar showcased data on the topic of ICT that is available from the UK Data Service and will highlight the research potential of the data.
Margherita Ceraolo introduced:
- the types of data available
- how the data can be accessed
- the online support materials held by the UK Data Service
Cara Booker gave an overview of how data such as Understanding Society are used to examine issues such as:
- use of screen-based activities among young people
- health and well-being outcomes of screen-based activities
- interventions to reduce sedentary behaviour and encourage healthy lifestyles among young people
The webinar consisted of a 40 minute presentation followed by 20 minutes for questions.