Online Course: Introduction to the Innovation Panel using Stata
What is the purpose of this course?
This course consists of an introductory presentation about the Innovation Panel, followed by a series of examples of using the data in Stata. The focus of the course is on understanding which data are available and how to prepare them for analyses, rather than on analysis methods.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is aimed at new users of the Innovation Panel, as well as those who have so far only made use of simpler aspects of the data.
What will I learn?
After this course, participants will:
- Be familiar with the purpose of the Innovation Panel, and know which aspects of the data are the same, and which are different from the main Understanding Society data.
- Be familiar with the documentation and know where to find out about experiments and other studies carried in the Innovation Panel.
- Know where to find variables defining experimental treatments, how they work and how to use them.
- Understand how to use questions that were used for wording experiments and how to use multimode data.
- Have an understanding of potential issues in analysing data from the Innovation Panel.
Other recommended courses
To know more about Understanding Society we recommend that you enrol in the Introduction to Understanding Society Using Stata and SPSS courses.