Was Brexit caused by the unhappy and the old?
AuthorsFederica Liberini, Andrew J. Oswald, Eugenio Proto and Michela Redoano
- Brexit was caused by feelings: older voters not to blame
- Brexit: report suggests Leave vote was 'cry of financial pain'
- Brexit was "a cry of financial pain", rather than general unhappiness with country, study claims
- People's feelings about their finances were a key predictor of whether they would vote Brexit
- Brexit was a cry of financial pain and not the influence of the old
- Brexit: financial unsatisfaction or intergenerational conflict
- Was Brexit triggered by the old and unhappy? Or by financial feelings?