Briefing: how many people need a social rented home?
For the first time, our new research reveals the true extent of the housing crisis in England. It shows that 8.4 million people – that’s one in every seven people – are directly affected by the housing crisis.
- More than 8 million people in England living in unsuitable housing
- 1 in 7 people in England directly hit by the housing crisis
- Housing crisis affects estimated 8.4 million in England - research
- More than 8 million people in England living in unaffordable, insecure or unsuitable homes, report says
- Millions of people living in unaffordable or unsuitable homes