Understanding Society Scientific Conference 2019: Call for Abstracts
Have you used household panel data in your research? We're accepting abstracts for our Scientific Conference which will be held on 2-4 July 2019.
Held at the University of Essex, the Understanding Society Scientific Conference provides an international forum for the exchange of research based on longitudinal household panel studies.
What type of abstracts?
This year we particularly welcome abstracts that focus on:
- Research using Understanding Society, the British Household Panel Survey or other household panel studies
- International comparative studies of longitudinal survey data
- Innovative statistical methods and research that is policy relevant
There are three types of presentation opportunities:
- Oral presentations in parallel sessions (20 minute presentations with 10 minutes of questions)
- Poster presentations
- Workshop or symposium (90 minutes) that include 3-4 papers, and allows plenty of time for discussion. For symposium/workshops please provide an overall abstract and one for each paper.
How do I submit an abstract?
- Please complete the abstract submission form, using the guidelines provided
- The deadline for submissions is Midnight (GMT) on Monday 11th February 2019
- If you have any questions, please contact Nicola Hardaker
Abstracts will be reviewed by the conference organising committee and authors of successful submissions will be notified by end-March 2019.
Registration to attend the conference as a delegate will open in April 2019.